Wednesday, December 26, 2012

When Parents Disagree

The worst part of coparenting is the disagreements that occur. In our situation they happen a lot. I am usually made to look like the bad guy, When in reality the lack of communication is the biggest problem.  Instead of discussing problems I usually get what I call nasty grams. Criticisms of my parenting, without any productive conversations ever taking place.
Who suffers the most, the kids of course.  They internalize things, and that is not good for them. They should not continually have to pay for the actions or reactions of their parents.  We need to figure out how to get along well enough to be cordial to one another. Is it really that hard to just be respectful, really?! I will take the high road once again. I will respond in kindness, for the sake of my children.
I would love to now at what point the nastiness drops and we all just decide to get along for the sake of the kids.  We will not always agree, but we need to work together for  their sake.  Let go, and let God.




No comments:

Post a Comment