Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Presents...

I am curious to know what everyone is getting their kids for Christmas.  My 10 year old has told me that most of her friends either have or are getting a iPad....which boggled my mind.  She has a Kindle, and her 8 year old sister will be getting a Nook this year.  My oldest is getting a room makeover.  Her sister got one for her birthday in August and it made her older sister green with envy.  Beyond that they are getting books, nail polish, clothes, a couple arts and crafts type things, a board game or two, and that is it from us. 

I was curious what the most popular toys are this year, so I did a  little research and found out what many kids can expect under the tree.  It is a general list so there are some boy toys, some girl toys and a wide age range.  But these are some of the most popular items.  If your child is getting any of these, feel free to give a review once they have played with it. 

1. Leap Frog LeapPad 2.  This is a tablet for kids.  The joke is that it may help keep your kids away from your iPad.  Ummm, that is what high shelves are for, right??  Really though, it looks fun!  It is for ages 3 to 9 years old, which is AMAZING!

2.  HEXBUG Warriors.  This is a really cool looking item.  I do not have boys, or girls that play with HEXBUGS but I would give it a whirl if I did!!  This goes for ages 6 and up.

3.  Melissa and Doug Suspend.  This one looks really fun!  It is for ages 3 and up due to small pieces.  I might have to find this one for my girls.  They are constantly looking for new games to try.  I do not worry so much about the 15 month old getting, and eating, pieces but I do worry about the dog.

4.  Razor Flash Rider 360.  Okay, so I wish this was big enough for me to ride. HA!  I know what you are thinking, and yes, we should all thank God it is not.  This one looks really awesome.  It is for ages 6 and up, and will support up to 160 pounds.  So I guess technically it will support me, but ummm, let's not go testing weight limits. 

5.  Tegu Mobility Magnetic Car.  This will round out our top 5 of the most popular toys.  I have never heard of this one, so if someone has a review I would love for you to post it!!  This toy is for ages 3 to 15 years old.

Honestly, my kids are not picky at all.  They are fairly girly so makeup, jewelry, nail polish, lotions, hair stuff...all the usual stuff makes them happy.  Put that with a couple of odds and ends and one really awesome present and they are set to go.  The little one, yes, that is the one that is proving to be tough.  She is 15 months old, needs nothing, and her favorite thing to play with is her family.  She loves interacting with all of us, including the dog.  So I am having a heck of a time figuring out what to buy her.

Enjoy the company of your family this year, every year.  Enjoy each other, try not to stress, and remember to stop and love those kidlets.

2 comments:

  1. We are getting our boys the following as "joint" gifts- 2 sets of audio books, 2 magnext sets, 1 snap circuits, 1 game and 1 crafty thing. The 9 year old is getting a skateboard and pads and the almost 7 year old is getting a scooter. We are trying to think of a good individual gift for them but it's hard when they are so close. We are going to put "coupons" in their stocking for things like a walk through the woods with just mom, camp out with dad, etc. Hexbugs are big right now but I don't see any point in them. The toddler is getting a book and a rampway thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My toddler likes to eat her books. She has obviously been spending way too much time with the dog...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete