Saturday, December 29, 2012

Missing My Kids

My two older girls are currently with their dad for the rest of their Christmas break.  I am at the point that I miss them terribly.  The energy in the house is different without them here.  It's not bad, just different.  They bring something to our family that is lacking when they are not here.  When my husband and I first got married, he was a little confused why I was so sad when they left. He said I should look at it as a break.  Now, he gets it because he feels it too.

Over the past couple years he has developed a bond with them that is unbreakable.  When they leave he misses them almost as much as I do.  I thought after the baby wss born it would be easier. Maybe at first it was, but that was short lived.  Now that the baby is a toddler it is rough all over again. The littlest sister looks for her big sissies all over the place.  She goes knocking on their doors while calling them.  It's adorable and sad too.

I keep hoping with time things will get easier. It has been a few years, so maybe in a few more it will ease.  The older they get, the more and more I love being around them.  Having a blended family is sometimes tough. Having some our family gone is hard. Maybe I can focus on tasks that are kore difficult with them here. It cannot hurt, that is for sure.

So, I sign off for tonight.  Counting the days until I can hug my growing girls again,

No comments:

Post a Comment