Friday, December 21, 2012

Milk, DOUBLING in Price?!?!?!

You know, with all the talk about gas prices the price of many things nowadays goes almost unnoticed.  I came across an article about the price of milk and the potential for milk prices to double after the new year.  I almost spit out my milk...

What is the saying, "Don't cry over spilt milk."  Well if we are talking $7 a gallon, I will darn sure be crying over it!  To top it off, we buy organic milk.  So that increase in price will have us paying about $8 per HALF gallon.  Someone pass me a tissue.  I think we may be better off just purchasing a cow.  I will sell the milk to my friends and that sow will pay for herself in a couple months.  Now, if only I could convince the dog that the cow was a dog.  But seriously, the cost of everything is going up, WAY UP, and pay is not increasing, jobs are sporadic at best, and we keep hearing about how we are dangling off a fiscal cliff. 

How are we supposed to feel all peaceful and happy during the holiday season when so much of our financial future is in turmoil?  The article says there is still time for congress to act.  Oh geez, here we are at the mercy of these folks again.  Why is it whenever we are dealing with congress everything is a cliff, or a shutdown?  Why does it always come down to some state of emergency?  The need to act on these issues and act quickly and efficiently.  We do not need to be forced to pay exhorbitant prices for basic food items, like milk.  We are already paying through the nose for gasoline, health insurance, and everything else under the sun.  We need relief, not even greater increases in costs. 

So I say to congress, get it together people!!!  Fix our economy!  Fix our financial situation!!  Get together, work together, make it happen!!!  We put you all in office because we believe you can get the job done, so poop or get off the pot. 

1 comment:

  1. We pay $8.50 a gallon but we get raw milk. I'm hoping since it's straight from the farmer we won't be having any increases! Hopefully in the next few years we'll have our own cow and start milking her ourselves too.

    ReplyDelete