Thursday, September 5, 2013

Stuffed Tomato

Another successful dinner creation tonight. I made stuffed tomatoes! I cut the top off the tomatoes, cleaned out the insides and stuffed them with a rice and veggie mixture I will post below. Then I broiled the tomatoes for 15 minutes, and MMMMMMMM.....Sprinkle with fresh herbs, like basil, and cilantro. The stuffing for the tomatoes is:

one zuccini
one Italian pepper
one yellow onion
6 radishes
1 cup mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon coriander

These were all chopped, and sauteed in 1 tablespoon olive oil.

Then, I mixed the veggies in with 1 1/2 cup steamed rice, and stuffed the mixture in the tomatoes. I placed the tops back on the tomatoes, and then broiled. I served the tomato on a small bed of the mixture, and sprinkled basil and cilantro on top. The result is pictured below.....mmmmmmmmmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment