Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Love Makes The World Go Round....

I saw one of the ecards yesterday on Facebook that said something like, try going a whole day with no complaining, and see what positivity it brings to your life.  Today is my day.  Today I will go through the day without one complaint. 

A positive attitude is certainly the best friend of us all, but in our society how hard is it to keep?  I mean, we get irritated at service people when they do not do a great job, we get irritated with our loved ones when they do not perform to our expectations, we get irritated at traffic that is standing still on a highway.  Our society is filled with negativity at varying levels throughout.  There are people that walk around with a permanent scowl on their faces, and then there are those that seem fine until one day they erupt with anger and attack someone out of no where.

When did our society become so full of angst, and more importantly how do we tame the beast?!?  I think we all need a good solid round of Kumbayah and a hug fest or something.  Looking at cultures worldwide I think it is true that Americans tend to be the least affectionate, and the among the most negative.  I think as a whole we are somewhat of an unhappy people.  How else is the self-help field so successful in this country.  People know they are troubled and want to do something about it but need guidance and help to find true inner peace and happiness.

What would it take for you to be happy and content every day?  What would it take for your days to be complaint free?  What would you need in order to walk around smiling every day, just because you are happy to be on this planet and not lost in the minutia of day to day society?  Why not start with just one day, one day of actively keeping a positive attitude?  Try it with me now people, breathe in, exhale, and start anew. 

**Edited to Add....

I have complained a couple times today, I am confessing here and now.  I complained about a friend earlier to my mother, and I complained to my husband this morning when I saw something on television that really ticked me off about a baby being wrongfully taken from his parents. 

This whole no complaining thing is even harder than I thought.  How can we avoid complaining and express discontent about things in our society??  I mean, I was also working through the problem with the friend with my mom so it was not like I was merely emotionally dumping on my mom.  It was like therapy...lol...anyone that knows my mom knows why that is insanely funny.  

So those are my confessions for today.  I am going to keep on working on my positivity, today, one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment