Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Teething Hell

I cannot fathom the pain my little bit is in right now.  She is currently cutting about 4-5 teeth.  I have given Motrin, Hylands teething tablets, and vodka...the vodka was for me, not her.  I can see the teeth, just below the surface of her gums, sitting there, wreaking havoc with no regard to her discomfort or my sleeplessness.  At night she is sleep talking, and sleep kicking the living bejeebies out of me.  You know it is serious when the actual bejeebies get kicked out of you. there is no recovering from that. 

She is sitting in my lap right now, just sitting here in her Motrin haze. I feel so bad for her, and by her I really mean me.  Well, her too, mostly her, and a little bit me.  I feel like there is nothing I can do to take the pain away, and I cannot help force the teeth through, and the worst part....there are more teeth to come.

I think this may be the worst phase of childhood....teething.  There is no telling when it will stop, when they will cut through the gum finally.  There is no explaining to a toddler what is going on, and why Mommy cannot make it better.  She is just stuck, in teething Hell....and I am there with her. 

So, my prescription....extra snuggles, extra cuddles, and extra boobie, since those are a few of her favorite things.  Oh yeah, and I let her play with my cell phone....I think she called the Canadian Mounted Police or something, but they cannot help her either.  So she babbled something incoherent and hung up on them.  I tried to tell her they would not send Dudley Do Right, but she did not listen to me, eh.

Okay, so we are off to try to get something accomplished, even if that something is just  a nap for the tired toddler of the house.  Teething, who needs it...I mean you just end your life gumming your food all over again anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment