Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Post baby bodies.

I am counting calories, walking, doing everything I can while nursing, in order to lose the last of the baby weight.  I am one of those Moms who does not lose massive poundage while nursing.  Much the opposite, I think my body tries to hold on to everything it can while I am nursing in order to ensure that it has enough.  I always have had over supply issues with every child, so obviously my body thinks it has it all figured out. 

Well, because of this, it is sometimes frustrating for me because I just have such a hard time getting back in to pre-pregnancy condition.  I know, things shift, bodies change, I have a gorgeous lil princess for it all...blah blah blah.  I get it, I love her to pieces, as I love my other two, and wouldn't trade any of them to get rid of the stretch marks I have.  That being said, I also wanna feel like I look like a hot mama.  Being told by other people is one thing, but I want to FEEL it inside my own self.  I wanna love the body I am in, and feel like I look beautiful and sexy. 

I do not want to be skinny, that isn't me.  But I want to be in great shape, and not feel flabby.  And while I continue to work on my image, I also make sure to always remind myself, that a Mommy body is much different than a teen body, or that of someone that has never had kids. 

I like this website The Shape of a Mother, because it shows real moms.  Not the Beyonce 2 month post baby photos we all secretly cringe at....the real deal.  Having a baby can be very traumatic on a body, and often it is never the same again.  The ideal is to create a new palate, an improved version, a body that you look at and smile.  That is my goal....to look at myself naked, and smile....my hubby does when he looks at me, and I want to also. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm finished wanting to be skinny. I run and I tear a muscle. I work out and I sweat and I don't lose any weight. My overall health is improving but I am a solid 160 and I don't care. Hubby thinks I am sexy and I get it every night. I am happy where I am and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete