Saturday, March 31, 2012

Affect Change Through Positivity Not Through Brut

I am a strong advocate of standing up for your beliefs, but the way in which you stand up can be an art form.  Those that stand up with diplomacy, conviction, and ration are more likely to be heard and to affect change.  People that stand up with brut strength usually just cause an equal and opposite reaction in the situation they are trying to change, or get change out of fear and loathing.

In the USA we are all entitled to our beliefs and opinions, and expressions.  But we still have to live within certain boundaries and limitations.  I am proud to say that one of my strong character traits is my ability to be open, diplomatic, and still get my point across. 

This is something I am passing on to my girls, because out in the real world, it can come in really handy. 

1 comment:

  1. Event + reaction = outcome
    An individual can only control his/her reaction to the event; however, if you think first about what you would like the outcome to be, you may react differently than giving an emotional reaction to that same event.

    ReplyDelete