Wednesday, March 21, 2012

7 Layer Salad, Adapted....

Last night I made a 7 layer salad, well, a version of a 7 layer salad. I made it with mixed greens, garbanzos, cherry tomatoes, green onions, red pepper, yellow pepper, and cucumber. The recipe called for some creamy dressing and ham, which I left out both. My hubby is allergic to pork and we don't like goopy dressings....sooo, I abbreviated my version. The kids LOVED it sooo much. My kids are terrific eaters. Some comments I heard during dinner last night were as follows:

"Garbanzos, you know how I love me some garbanzos!"
"I love eating colorful food, it makes me feel like I am eating art."
"Mommy, you are the best cook ever!"
"If there are leftovers, can we have this in our lunch tomorrow?"

This is a picture of our dinner. The girls ate their broiled chicken on top of the salad, with just a little plain white rice on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment