Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's A Balancing Act...

Being a Mom, whether stay at home, work at home, work out of the home, etc. is a balancing act.  Finding a balance between being cooking, cleaning, parenting, and on and on is not an easy task.  It goes beyond time management, because you always have to be able to expect the unexpected.  Being pregnant right now also adds to the difficulty of balancing this act.  I am thankful to have a husband that works his hardest to be supportive, help me whenever he can, and takes care of our family financially....taking one ball out of my juggling act.  I was a single Mom for a couple years.  It was so hard, but it was doable.  I worked at a private preschool and had my kids there with me in some way, whether it was before and after care or their preschool year.  To me it was more important to be there with them physically, then to try and make more money working longer hours somewhere else.  I didn't make a lot of money, but I had more opportunity to be with my children than any other single, working Mom I know.
Having run the gamut, stay at home Mom, working Mom, and single working Mom, I will say, love being a stay at home Mom the most.  Not because I feel it is the easiest, because honestly, it isn't.  There is a whole emotional, psychological fear that can come with staying at home.  You have to work through the idea that if, God forbid, something happens to your hubby, you may be in a really tough spot, and you are totally reliant on your spouse, financially.  It is an adjustment....and of course, there is also the stigma from society that stay at home Moms are all sitting around like the various casts of The Real Housewives of WHEREVER.  My days are pretty full, some more than others, some totally over-flowing.  I do my best to keep the balance between being Mom, Wife, Homemaker, and just plain ME!  One thing I learned the first time around being a stay at home Mom was NOT to lose ME in the process. 
Don't ever lose who I AM while finding my way through this life....that goes for everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment