Sunday, April 17, 2011

Drama, It's a Girl Thang.....Or Is It???

As my two daughters get older I have noticed more and more drama coming home from school.  This person said this about me, that one said that about me....blah blah blah, the same drama that made the world go round when I was a little girl.

Is this just a girl thing?  Boys don't seem to come with as much drama as little girls.  Boys get mad, say whatever they are going to say, and then, they move on.  Girls seem to hold grudges, and keep tabs on who said what.  Is this the precursor to the joke about how women NEVER forget, me thinks it is.

I try my best to guide my girls through the neverending pandora's box that is friendship.  I try to help them see the truths, and dispell the falsehoods.  It is hard, because sometimes it means helping them to see that they themselves are not right. 

I do my best, as we all should.  I know I will screw up along the way, but my girls know I love them above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment