Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sick Day

Yesterday my oldest got up, got dressed for school and then came down almost in tears. This is what happens when she does not feel well. She wants to go to school but she also wants to stay home. She knows she should go to school but she does not handle not feeling well very well at all. So she stayed home.

Staying home when you are borderline sick, but probably should have gone to school anyway gets you stuck with a little sidekick. So here sit my oldest and my youngest sharing a granola bar while watching Food Network.

This is pretty much how my oldest daughter's day went. By the end of the day a miracle happened, she is cured, and ready to head back to school.

She proclaimed to me last night, "I don't know how you do it with her all day. I love her and all, but she is really a handful, and kinda needy. Even if I am vomiting I am going to school tomorrow."

I did not have the heart to tell her that her little sister is very much like most two year old children, because someday I would like to have grandchildren and I do not want to scar her for life. The little one worships her big sisters, and just wants to be like them, and with them all the time. It's really adorable, except when you are 11 and trying to play hookie because you are over tired and slightly sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment