Monday, November 18, 2013

Just Keep Swimming, You Won't Drown.....

This is a great quote. I struggle with this sometimes. When I have several things going on that preoccupy my mind it is a struggle for me to stay positive. I know I should, but it is not easy.

How do you get back to the positive place once you recognize that some of the negative fear is really taking over. Do you pray? Do you meditate? Do you exercise the negativity away? I feel like the negative thoughts are the boogie man, and once he gets you there is a struggle to get away. I know, it sounds child-like, and maybe it is.

I need to find my antidote for the negative Nellies. I need to find what works for me to snap out of the negative and just stay positive. It's hard when there are several issues at once that you just cannot seem to shake, but it is doable. I have seen many a person with a lot more than myself to be negative about be positive. Maybe I need to pray more, meditate more, exercise more.....wait, let's not get crazy now.

Today I resolve to finding my happy place, hopefully it is close and I won't need directions. Today I resolve to not let the negative issues that swim in my head take over the whole pool, so that I will not drown. Today I resolve to be in a good place. Today I will give myself a break from the tough life issues that I have no control over anyway, and let go. Today, I give my worries, my fears and my pain, both physical and emotional over to God, the universe, Mother Nature, anyone and everyone that is a higher power than myself. Today, I acknowledge that life is bigger than me, and I am but a woman on a journey.

What are you going to do with your today?

No comments:

Post a Comment