Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Parent Teacher Conferences

Today was parent teacher conference day for my two oldest girls. It is so nice to go into a meeting with teachers and have them rave about how great your kids are to them. My middle daughter is doing better, after a stint in the beginning of the year where she was forgetting to turn in homework.

Her teacher did a test at the beginning of the year and the results show how our children learn best. I think this test is ingenious, and should be done in classes all over. I learned that my child learns best musically. She scored 4 out of 5 for that category, and next was 3 out of 5 for logically. This means that when she can make sense out of something, put it in an order, it makes sense to her. I can see both of these. So now, since she is having some issues with remembering her times tables, we are going to hit up some old school School House Rock, and other musical avenues to help reinforce the times tables for her. I cannot wait to see how this works.

My oldest daughter proved yet again how much like her mother she really is. She is on track to be taking High School level Algebra when she hits 8th grade, just like me. Her teacher is really proud of the work she does, and the person she is. I cannot ask for any better than that.

I love parent teacher conference days because it gives a chance for my daughters' teachers to tell me what they see in my kids. I know what I see, I know what I think they are capable of, but it is nice to have that reiterated by the professionals that spend the entire day with them as well.

I love communicating with the teachers, it is always so insightful and positive. I learn something about my girls every time.

I feel it is every parent's obligation to be involved in their child's education. It is not up to the teachers to educate our children alone. We should participate in their education as much as we can, to show them how important what they do every day is to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment