Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dark Chocolate Bark



I gave up desserts for Lent, and lost 10 pounds...WOOT.  Well, now that I am allowed to partake again, I was looking for a dessert that would calm the sweet tooth, but not pack those 10 pounds back on, plus some. 

My friend gave me a recipe for Dark Chocolate Bark....OMG!  Delicious, and not too bad for the waistline either!! 

DARK CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE:

24 OZ DARK CHOCOLATE MORSELS
1 CUP DRIED BERRIES (CHERRIES, BLUEBERRIES, OR  CRANBERRIES)
1 CUP NUTS (ALMONDS, WALNUTS, OR PECANS)

Line a 12X15 pan with wax paper.  In a glass bowl, microwave the chocolate morsels for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.  Spread the chocolate out in the pan, sprinkle the berries and nuts throughout, and use a spoon to press them in.  Refrigerate for 2 hours, and there ya go!!!  Cut it up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment