Saturday, April 21, 2012

Avoiding the Rut

Once a woman becomes a Mom it is way to easy to fall into the rut of comfy clothes.  Yoga pants, t-shirts, tennis shoes, etc. can become way too commonly worn every day wear.  My children are 9 years, 7 years, and 7 months old.  I wear high heels, dresses, wedges, flip flops too.  I don't wear make-up too often, but my 7 month old has a love of kissing my face, and I would rather have the lovies than to be wearing make-up.  I keep it simple and comfortable, but still fashionable. 
My husband tells me frequently that I look amazing, yes he is biased, that is why I married him.  I take about 30-40 minutes, including shower, to get ready.  I have to blow dry my hair or else it looks a hot mess.  But as far as clothes go, I am always looking for what is simple, cute, and looks great on me....regardless of the trends.  I know my body, and what compliments my assets...ba dum dum.  I keep in mind that I am a nursing mother, but that I am also not wanting my boobs just out there. It isn't all that difficult to be a Mom with an infant, who doesn't nap let's not forget that, two school age children, not a lot of time, and STILL look good. 
I would love to be able to help other Moms stay looking good and avoid the yoga pants rut.  I don't spend a lot, keep it simple, and ALWAYS stick with what I know looks good on my body type!

No comments:

Post a Comment