Monday, June 4, 2012

Over Extended

You know, there is a stigma that stay at home Moms are lazy.  That we sit around all day Facebooking and blogging, neglecting our homes and our kids....hey wait, where't the baby???  KIDDING!  She's NURSING!  That is how I have a moment to blog. Anywho, I digress...

Do any of you stay at home Moms have issues with over extending yourself, mostly out of combatting the stigma of being thought of as lazy??  Do you sign up to do every party, bake every snack, contribute to every art project your kids have going on because you, "are home" and "have the time" to do everything under the sun?!?!  This is an affliction, I recognize this, and I quite frankly have this affliction myself. 

This week I have two class picnics to attend and contribute either snacks, toys, tent, or time too...if not all of the above.  I have to schedule a dr appt for the baby, I have to take my car in to be tuned up, I have dinner to cook, lunches to make, breakfasts, a house to keep clean, a dog to walk and pay attention to, and the baby...God bless her soul, my sweet baby who keeps me on my toes every second of the day that she is NOT nursing, or eating somehow.

I have a very busy life, and yet, I often feel like I could be doing more...not sure when I think this should be happening, but I do know it's all psychological.  I would go to counseling for it, but who has the freaking time?!?!

So I will continue to keep doing everything I can for the kiddos, and you know what, in the long run....they will look back and appreciate that they could always count on Mom to be there....even if it was just to bake some goodies.  They will look at their childhoods and recall me juggling everything I could just to make sure they know I love, support, and will be there for them as much as I can. 

That makes it all worth it. 

Okay, time's up, gotta run....

No comments:

Post a Comment